Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bleck

I have made myself into a bit of a guinea pig this last week. I tried going to bed a couple of nights without taking my melatonin just to see if the insomnia was gone. I did excellent the first night but not so well the second. I am back to taking a couple of pills every night. I also decided to skip my second workout last week and my first one this week and won't be making that mistake again! Normally my muscles are so sore on Tuesday from my workout on Monday that I don't pay any attention to any side effects of the drugs that I might be feeling. I am sufficiently distracted. Since I didn't workout last Thursday or this Monday, when Tuesday rolled around, I spent the day sweating, puking and suffering from a headache that couldn't decide whether it wanted to upgrade to migraine status or not! Jaeda came over for a visit and had to leave because I got very bad very quickly. Poor Jaeda. She didn't know what to do to help when really, there isn't anything anyone can do at that point. Working out not only makes my body feel alive and energized, it changes my body chemistry. I am happier, handle stress better and feel more motivated and in love with life. I truly think that they help me keep my drug side effects quietly in the background. Skipping an entire week of them has lead to me ripping Scott's face off about something as ridiculous as rice, among others, and being a snarly bitch to those around me (mostly my husband). Although today's workout had me feeling faint numerous times, I feel better than I have since Monday. No more missed workouts!!

I have noticed that I have quite a few purpura on my abdomen and that my legs are pretty bruised up so was anxious to hear what my latest blood panel was. I have also been out of breath with no energy so was convinced that my haemoglobin had finally tanked. No such luck yet. So much for self diagnosis eh? I cannot imagine how it will be for me when it does drop since there are already days that can be a bit challenging lol! My platelets have dropped from 154,000 to 126,000 so that explains the bruising and purpura. I suppose if I drop another couple thousand, they will be monitoring it a bit closer for me. I am not worried however since I know what the treatment is should they get dangerously low and I hold dear some people who have had the treatment and it has worked fabulously for them. All for the greater good.

I am having a less symptom free week but that is to be expected and will not get me down! This is a small price to pay and worth every bit of it! I am more than a quarter of the way through already and virus free so I can and will keep on keeping on!

1 comment:

  1. you will keep on going and be better for it... you are right!! Hopefully Scott remembers to take things in stride and if you can (might not be possible at the time) ease up on things such as rice...... lol hopefully the work outs help and you motor along through this!!!

    ReplyDelete