Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Second One Down

Jonas and I added our new piece to the puzzle yesterday! I knew he would be excited about it but I was surprised how excited I was to see another piece on the wall! I think I really am a 3 yr old at heart and can't wait to go to Disneyland!! Jonas, Alexis and Emileigh watched me do my shot and Jonas said, 'Don't cry Mommy.' It was so cute. He said the same thing last Friday when he came with me to have blood drawn. Apparently he thinks his Mom is a pansy and cries at needles (or just loves me and is being supportive). Maybe by him watching me be a 'big girl' with needles, he will keep it together if and when he needs them. Em and Alexis are just morbid little girls that like to watch weird things lol (just like Dee Dee, Brie and I)and I was happy to let them watch.

My nurse called and told me that nothing had changed with my blood so I wasn't anemic yet but that will happen very quickly. I am wondering if nothing changing in my blood is good or bad or means nothing at this point? My biggest fear right now is that nothing will change by week 4. That would be horribly shitty!! Stay positive though right? Negative at week 4!

The shot yesterday was very different from the first! I injected a little closer to my belly button and missed the bulk of my 'fat' so it actually stung and bled a bit. I have 22 more shots to perfect the location...I'll be a pro soon ;). My nurse advised me to take the shot at bedtime so that I could sleep through the bulk of the side effects but I decided to take it at 5pm since it took so long for it to hit me last time. I didn't want to sleep through all the good and wake up just in time for the bad. I didn't start to feel anything until 11pm. This time every joint in my body ached! I took a Tylenol so that I could relax enough to go to sleep. I managed to stay asleep until 1:30am and then I was basically up all night. It occurred to me at 3am that I had felt this type of discomfort in my hips and legs before.....during labour!!! It was exactly the same ache! I did some pacing and some repetitive motions reminiscent of a mental patient (or labouring woman lol) in a bid to feel better and maybe, eventually, get some sleep. It was another night of 15 minutes of sleep at a time. Next time I will turn on the TV instead of entertaining myself with my own thoughts lol! I'm not very creative at 3am.

This morning I feel like an 80 year old woman who's joints are betraying her and freezing up. At least I know this will be over soon. By Friday of last week I was feeling just like my old self, just a bit tired, so there is light at the end of the tunnel every week! The discomfort is only temporary and that makes it more than manageable. I am going to break out the hot packs for my back and hips and watch some HGTV with a cup of tea in bed. This is Mom's last day here so I need to enjoy the last few hours of being totally taken care of. I suppose I need to make supper tonight....boo hiss!

2 comments:

  1. k.... something is screwy here!! This entry wasn't here until today Ibbob!!!! I have no idea what's going on??!! I thought at first i was a numbtard and not figuring it out (order) but it isn't me...... this one was not here day before yesterday!!! WTF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are just special...:)

    ReplyDelete