Monday, March 15, 2010

Today's THE day!

The morning of my first shot is here! I thought that I would have slept better last night considering that I did two full days of Cinderella duties in preparation for the next six months (my windows are gorgeous, lol) but subconscious nervousness won out and it was pretty fitful. I am going to have Mom take video of the shot and post it, if I can figure out how, and maybe that way I won't be dramatic when the time comes because nobody wants to have that recorded into history! I can't let my son see that Mommy is afraid of a little needle :) I am so nervous but there is no turning back and no excuse good enough to stop me from following through on this. All that I have left to do is to run to Staples, pick up the poster of Mickey's castle and cut it into 24 pieces. Jonas and I get to start putting it back together tonight! He is so excited!! When I go to bed tonight, there will be one less piece on my wall. Today is the first day of my countdown to freedom!!
I am going to think of today in a positive way.... My house is clean and quiet, I am enjoying a mug of hot ice tea, Mom is here so I have wonderful (and medically capable lol!) company and today I will finally, after years of wondering, know how it's going to be to take the meds! I am going to focus solely on positive thoughts, positive energy. Today will be the day when I will have my questions answered and the unknown will no longer exist! I think wondering is sometimes a type of worry, it's almost always worse in your mind than in actual reality.
If you are reading this today, wish me well!!

1 comment:

  1. hey.... good stuff! That puzzle idea is awesome.... whoever said you were unimaginative should get a kick in the ass (hum..)! The video is also another great idea.... and you're not afraid of needles no matter the size!! You were totally diggin' my epidural.... remember?? lol Glad to hear the positive thought talk too! Today you will conquer (is that how it's spelled??) the fear of this unknown... that'll feel awesome huh? Have a great day! I can't wait to see the finished puzzle. Sleep easy.... ma's right there for you! Shaina

    ReplyDelete